Thursday, December 18, 2008

Amazing!

Have you ever found yourself going along living in your bubble of life and activities, and all of the sudden, a thought or revelation comes that pops your bubble and makes you take a look at your life in a different perspective. Well, that happened to me last night when Rich and I were watching TV. After Wheel of Fortune (yes, we watch that show) Jon and Kate Plus 8 came on TLC. For those of you not familiar with this show, it is a reality show about a young couple that had twin girls and then 2 years later had sextuplets! Every time I watch this show, I get tired:) It is so amazing how this couple deals with and raises all their little children so close in age. It is pandemonium most of the time. Rich and I were trying to put ourselves in their shoes by thinking how it would be to have 5 more of Mary! She was running around at the time being very hyper. She gets really active right before bedtime. She loves for me to toss her blanket and try and hit her with it or have Rich pitch her plastic bowling ball pins down the hall. She just lets out these peels of laughter and wants us to do it over and over. If we are not playing with her then, she talks non-stop and runs up and down the hall swinging her arms. So, we were multiplying her activity by 5 and we both were overwhelmed, thinking how does this couple do what they do! Then I noticed Mary needed a diaper change, so things slowed down and I got her in her warm sleeper for the night. That is when this thought came into my mind and popped my bubble. "You know, Elena, that thought of, "How can they do it", probably runs across most people's mind when they find out that you and Rich (at the age of 48 and 53) have a 2 year old. People see your gray hair and have a disconnect when you tell them you have a toddler! Just think we could have a show called, "Old People, Little Kid" or "Decrepit plus One" I had a good laugh at that thought. So much of the time, I go along in life being a wife, homemaker and mommy to Mary without blinking an eye. Most women my age are going through the empty nest syndrome, but my little nest is full. I had an empty nest for many years and now I am so much in my element, that I forget my age and just have fun! The Lord is so amazing, He loves to show His glory when the odds are against you. Job 11:7 came to mind, "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? I will leave that verse with you today and I hope it is an encouragement to you! Love, Elena

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, our God is amazing...and His timing is perfect... blessings from above...

Grace Acres said...

John and Kate indeed have they're hands full, but I would hardly call you decrepit. You look prety youthful to me still.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elena, I sat here in front of the computer laughing over those suggested show names!

Here you go with some small edits.

Ben

Brittany said...

What a great post. Yes, the Lord is truly amazing. He gives strength to Jon and Kate with their 8 children and you and your husband strength with your energetic 2 year old! Congratulations to you both.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! That was so sweet of you to leave a comment. Sharon is an amazing MIL and I'm excited to get to know all of you ladies more!

Take Care

Brittany

Anonymous said...

Mary is what will keep you and Rich young. What a Blessing she is. Love, Enda

Tirz said...

I love Jon & Kate plus 8! Kate reminds me very much of myself & Jon reminds me very much of Troy. Troy & I both think so. Rachel & I have been studying Abraham & Sarah this week & I was wondering the same thing just a couple of days ago with Sarah having Isaac at 90. That, indeed, is a truly incredible miracle & a mystery that I certainly cannot fathom! Mary is so blessed with two Godly, very loving and devoted parents! God has been very good to her as she grow to learn as she gets older and, as you know, you are incredibly blessed!

Anonymous said...

What a great story!!! I just love all your stories. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. The Lord is always doing amazing things in our lives as well. I just don’t have the time to write it all down. We are always soooo busy.



Have a super day!!!!



We love you bunches!!!



Dan & Kristine

Manda said...

ha/ha I love Wheel of Fortune too! I'm usually watching it while finishing cooking dinner:)

Loved your post-- God knows what he's doing! Blessed you, now he's gonna walk with you:)

I have to say from your picture, you both look very young and energetic. She will keep you young.

Our 6th is now 17 and a high school senior, and I know having her and her brothers around have kept us going and acting young anyway:) I figure if Sarah (Abraham's wife) can keep up at age 90, we are way ahead of the game!


Have a blessed Christmas!
Linda C

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.