Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday dear ones! We had a really nice weekend. The weather was beautiful. It was sunny and clear but not too hot. Mary and I visited our neighbors across the street who were having a garage sale. I'm so happy the weather has warmed up because that means deals at garage sales. Yay! I spent a whopping 75 cents. I bought Mary 2 shirts and she picked out a pair of bright green sunglasses with orange polka dots. She loved them. I know she has a tendency to break glasses because she bends the bows too far out when she is putting them on or taking them off, so I figured 25 cents was worth several hours of fun for her. Later on in the afternoon, sure enough, she broke one bow off. She came running up to me handed the glasses to me and told me to not to break them! I just laughed, she is such a character. It didn't take her long to get the other bow broken off and during her nap, I just put them in the trash. This morning she woke up and was asking for her glasses. I told her they were no good anymore and they were in the trash. She got this distressed look on her face like, "What after I told you not to break them?!" She didn't worry about it too long and went her little happy go lucky way playing with her other toys. Saturday Rich pressure cooked a rack of ribs and then soaked them in barbecue sauce over night. After church he grilled them and we had his folks over. Mel made a delicious pea salad and a potato salad. Rich also made bread dough and I made them into rolls and we baked them in the oven. For dessert I made my twist on Napoleons. I bought puff pastry and cut it with a heart shaped cookie cutter and baked the heart shaped pastery in the oven. I mixed up some sugar free pistachio pudding. When the puff pastry had baked and cooled, I split them open and put the pudding in the center. I then topped them with whip cream and drizzled chocolate syrup on it. It turned out pretty good and was a nice sweet, but light, dessert after dinner. We love having Mel and Dan over as it gives us an opportunity to cook up something special for them. I have included some pictures of our weekend. I made Mary a little scarf for her head and she wore it on Sunday along with a denim jumper that my sister, Linda, gave her. Rich snapped some pictures of us before we left for church. The other pictures are of the dessert I made on Sunday.




























7 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Elena,
When I saw you had posted I just had to come by and see what this precious little angel was doing today. It looks like a great week-end for you all. Our little Katie loves sun glasses and they last just about as long as Mary's did. LOL .That dessert looks out of this world!!! Enjoyed all of the photos Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

FeeBeeKay said...

Blessings to you this week Elena, and to your family! I love the little scarf Mary is wearing - so sweet. I feel inspired to get busy an do the same for Amelie. And that dessert looked delicious, and sounded wonderful. So glad you had a great weekend! Fiona x

Linda C said...

I love Mary's little scarf!:) Garage sales are usually always an adventure. Sounds like you did well!

I'd forgotten about all the little sunglasses our kids went through- and yes, they lasted about two minutes after we got home with them- or broke on the way home:)

You dessert looks yummy! Thanks for showing us how:)

Have a great week sweet friend,

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

that dessert looks yummy! I can't believe how creative you are!! you're always coming up with something fabulous! ;)
Selina

BECKY said...

Hi Elena,

Sounds like you all had a great dinner, and those dessert treats sound yummy, too!!

Your little cupcake is precious in her scarf, and I love that you guys are dressed in the same colors!! That is so cute!!

Mary is so very blessed to have you for her mom, Elena. She is going to grow up and be a wonderful godly young woman, who is so thankful for her awesome Mom.

Blessings to you friend!
Love,
Becky

Carol said...

Hi Elena,
I loved the story of the garage sale sunglasses! Reminds me of how much our son loved sunglasses when he was that age.

Your Sunday dinner sounds delicious!

Enjoy your day . . .

Blessings,
Carol

Elena said...

Hi Elena

Those pictures of Mary are so sweet and the dessert looks delicious. How nice that you all get together on Sundays.
I mailed a box of music today. Will probably take awhile as I sent it media rate. Feel free to pass on what you can't use.
Love
Enda