Thursday, April 22, 2010

In the Garden

My mom loved flowers and spent many hours working in her garden at home. She loved for us as a family to get all dressed up for church or special occasions and then go and take pictures in the garden next to what ever was in full bloom. She loved to travel and see beautiful gardens. Her favorite was the Buchard Gardens in Canada. One day God gave mom a dream about heaven and she told us about it many times. She was walking outside the walls of heaven and they were thick but crystal clear. She could see people walking around and these little children were climbing up into trees and jumping into a river below and just laughing and playing without any fear. When she reached the gates it was so bright that she couldn’t look up. All she could see were a man’s glowing feet. She heard a voice ask her why she was there and she said that she knew Jesus. At that moment the gates swung open and she was able to enter. When she got inside she didn’t see a soul. Flower fields stretched out as far as she could see and she just walked through the fields with her arms stretched out, touching the flowers as she went. She said that every breath she took was so deep and full. The air of heaven was filling her with such wonderful vitality.




Here is the link to the slideshow: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=ac75637cde69728796ac43&skin_id=1603

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to share your mother's old photographs. While I was reading about your mother's dream I was reminded of the book "The Shack". The book has nothing to do with flower gardens. I think you would enjoy reading the book, though, if you haven't done so already.

Becky K. said...

That brings tears to the eyes. Thanks for sharing about your Mother's dream.

Becky K.

Carol said...

Beautiful video of your wonderful memories of your Mother & her love for flowers. It's so nice that you are carrying on the family tradition!

Smiles,
Carol

Linda C said...

Elena, this video is just beautiful. It is such a wonderful tribute to your mom and herlove of flowers and God's creation! Just loved it! It's easy to see where your love of gardening came from!

That is also one of my favorite hymns.:)

Hugs,
Linda

Sue said...

Hello Dear Elena,
I so enjoyed your family album and one of my favorite hymns too. And the dream your Mother had just made my heart leap with joy, The way she described it is the way I envision heaven to be like.Thank you for sharing.As always I leave here visiting with you so inspired, please tell Miss Mary, I said hello, and have missed visiting you and your sweet family.
Hugs,
Sue

JD/ Jill said...

Like Becky, I have tears in my eyes right now. This is so beautiful, I so enjoyed your video...My Mother loved working in her garden. She really had a green thumb (I don't) I think I might try a video too (if I can figure out how to do it...Thank you for sharing...