Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Second Anniversary

Today I am celebrating my 2nd Anniversary of blogging. I have done my first post again. I remember being so excited one night when I woke up in the middle of the night and the thought struck me to start my own blog. I was so excited and had already planned a couple of posts in my head. In the morning I talked it over with Rich and he thought it was a great idea. I just wanted to share my life and what the wonderful things that God has done for us. I also wanted to keep a record for Mary so that when she got older she would know the stories of the goodness of the Lord in our lives. Last year I did put my posts into a book form and I plan on doing this every year. Over about a 6 month period of time, I got to know some wonderful Christian ladies here in the US and overseas. They have been such a joy to me, just to hear about their lives, share in their joys and struggles and be encouraged by their sweet comments and it has been wonderful to remember them in prayer and encourage them! Thank you all you sweet gals, you bring so much joy into my lives each day! Here is the original slide show that was the first post on my blog:



Here is the link to the slideshow:http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=5ad04d25464ea5e0c90f34&skin_id=1603&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

7 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations, Elena! You're a few months ahead of me with your celebration of 2 years of blogging.

Your blog is so much fun to read. I consider you a good friend even though we've never met face to face.

Blessings,
Carol ;-)

Becky K. said...

Happy Blogiversary! I am so happy for you and your family. Being able to document our lives for our children is, possibly, one of the yet to be appreciated aspects of family blogs.

I am curious who you had make your book. I would consider doing something like that...did you choose certain posts or do everything?

I guess I could print and paste but wondered what other options there might be.

How wonderful that you were given the idea to write a blog and that your husband was supportive.

Becky K.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I'm so glad that our paths crossed.

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Congratulations on 2 years of blogging. I always look forward to your posts and enjoy reading about your family and life. Thanks for sharing them.

Many blessings,
Elizabeth

JD/ Jill said...

Congratulations! On your two year anniversary. I never thought blogging could be so addictive...(and so much fun) So glad you joined the blogging world...I so enjoy your blog...

Sue said...

Good Morning Elena,
Congratulations on you second anniversary of blogging I am so glad that you started blogging, and for your friendship.
While watching this video, I realized how much Mary has grown, and how important it is to blog and leave such a wonderful legacy .Such a great idea of putting your posts in a yearly book.
I have so enjoyed this journey with you and getting to know you and your family, you have been such an inspiration to me. So dear friend please keep on journaling your life as I am so looking forward to you sharing these precious moments.
Much love,
Sue

Leah said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I enjoy reading your blog and I'm so glad to have "met" you in Blog world! :)