Monday, August 23, 2010

The Last Days of Summer

The last days of summer are here and I am so happy. This is my favorite time of year next to Christmas:) My poor hubby hates summer not because of all the nice weather and bar-b-ques but because it is hot. He has worked in air conditioning and commercial refrigeration repair for many years. It requires working up on roofs and in attics and many hard to get to places. There are many trips up down a ladder in horrible heat. He has said many times that he loves seeing summer die! I always smile at him with compassion but I still love the last days of summer. Everything in my garden is producing so well. All the plants roots systems are well established the nights are getting cooler but there is still plenty of sunshine so they plants blooms and fruits are just busting. I also love the change in the slant of the sun that is whispering to me that fall will be here soon. Always a sense of joy and anticipation comes over me when I go outside into my garden. I went out last week and took a bunch a pictures of my flowers, berry plants, tomatoes and peppers and put together a slide show. I am hoping it will capture my feeling for these last days of summer!








Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=bb69a7ab21f625b9e0aca3&skin_id=1603&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url


3 comments:

Leah said...

This summer has flown by!
I love your new background!
Have a good week! :)

Sue said...

Elena, Your flower garden is beautiful, I can't believe you are getting strawberries and blackberries. Ours are gone for the year, I guess it is because we are down south. Your garden is so clean, mine has gotten a little weedy, lol the only excuse I have is the heat and being busy. lol
I can relate to Rich, I am so looking forward to cooler weather.
Hugs,
Sue

Tirzah said...

You have a beautiful garden! Very pretty pictures!