
Mary has been watching this show, Word World on our local PBS station and she loves it. It teaches children to read phonetically using a lot of imagination and fun! She loves it so much that she has learned all her letters and their sounds and she has started reading and she is not even 4 years old. I took her to a toy store and bought her a set of uppercase and lowercase wooden letters. She was so excited to get them that she could hardly wait to get home and play with them. She loves to spell words with them and carry certain letters around with her like they are her little friends. Yesterday I gave her a pen and paper and without any example set before her she wrote her name for the first time! I would highly recommend this show to anyone who has a toddler and would like to introduce them to reading and writing at an early age. Here are a few pictures of her with her letters.
6 comments:
AWWWWWW...so cute! As always...thanks for sharing...
Mary is such a smart little girl! Ethan & I have watched this show a few times, what fun!!
Smiles,
Carol
Wow! This is great. My boy refused to learn letters and numbers for so long and this September he starts school.
Cute pictures of Mary with her letters. That's wonderful that she is spelling words already!
I remember these days...they were so fun! Enjoy.....
Becky K.
That's fantastic and exciting! I remember those days and how they feel. Well done to both mama and Mary!
Post a Comment