This last week I made an easy tutu for Mary. One of the little girls in her ballet class had on a really cute tutu and I asked her mom how she made it and she told me. I went home and looked up the instructions on the Internet. It is a non-sew tutu. Mary wanted Tinkerbell colors, so I bought yellow, green and purple. I bought 2 yards of each color and cut them into 6 inch strips. The strip length depends on how long you want the tutu.
I used a child's elastic head band for the waist. You can also buy elastic and sew it to the child's waist size.
You tie each strip onto the waist band and
Ta da! You have a really cute tutu. Mary loves hers and she wore it to her class on Saturday. I had enough fabric to make her little friend one too! So really for Mary's size all you would need is 1 yard of each color.




8 comments:
This is so adorable! I can't wait to make one for Emma!
Smiles,
Carol
Thanks now need to get busy. I have three young granddaughters and niece who would love one.
Very pretty! I'm going to forward this blog post to my nephew's wife. She may be interested in making a similar tutu for her daughter.
Great job, Elena, Just what I like something simple! lol. Mary looks so adorable, and I bet she is having so much fun learning ballet.I think your header is precious.
Hugs,
Sue
Really cute, and looks easy, why didn't I see something like this when my daughter was small, she would have loved it...tfs...
That's adorable! And Mary's particularly adorable wearing it! I bet she does love it!
Love the tutu. I made a similar one for Lila for Halloween this year but I loved the colors in Mary's. I might have to steal this idea for Lila's 1st birthday outfit.
Blessings!
Hi Elena! Thanks so much for popping by my new blog! Love sweet Mary in her tutu!! I've said it before...you're such a great Mommy!!
And it's so neat that another little girl got the benefit of having a new tutu, too!!
Have a joyful day my friend!
HUGS,
Becky
Post a Comment