Friday, February 11, 2011

Making Valentines

This week Mary and I have been making Valentines!  Here is one we made yesterday.  First I cut a card stock heart and wrote Happy Valentine's Day on it.



Next I attached a heart shaped paper doily to it.


Then I put on a ballet slipper graphic.


Then I hot glued fabric lace on the back.

Here it is finished.  I glued another card stock heart on the back and had Mary write her name on it.


Now she is ready to give it away!


We had our friends over to decorate cookies.  We had so much fun.  This is the slide show of our day.


Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=d5a044d297f5e1ce826b89&skin_id=1604&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a pretty Valentine! Good job, Mary!


Smiles,
Carol

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great valentine. I love the little slippers you added. Mary's smile made the valentine that much better. Have a great weekend!

Linda C said...

Very pretty and I love the video! Looks like a lot of fun.:)

You have beautiful handwriting, Elena- your card looks professionally done--very creative! Actually it looks better that professional-- because is was made with love.:)

I am thinking of making cookies this weekend and sending them to the grands. We'll see how it goes-- I sure do miss them!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty Valentine. It is larger than I imagined! Who will Mary give the Valentine to?

JD/ Jill said...

Your valentine cards are great! Oh How I wish I could have been there making cards with you. (I'm a bit addicted to that, I guess you have noticed...smile) The cookies looked great too. It looks like a lot of fun at your house. You are creating such wonderful memories for Mary...Happy Valentine's day to you.

Sue said...

Beautiful Valentine you both made, Just keep making these wonderful memories Elena. Seeing this reminds me of times with our children during special holidays.
I read some of your previous posts and enjoyed them so much, I have always wanted to grow orchids but was a little intimidated by them, and yours is beautiful, I might just try this.
I too am longing for spring, and am wanting to get outside to play in the dirt, like you, and Mary probably wants to. lol.
I keep telling myself each day " it won't be as long as it has been." lol
I apologize for taking so long in visiting, but have not been up to par, but am thankful that I am feeling so much better. Thank you so much for your sweet thoughts, but most of all for your prayers,...

and speaking of prayers, I think it is wonderful how you and Rich are teaching Mary how to communicate with her heavenly Father. You both should write a book on parenting skills, as I have observed over the past couple of years, you both inspire me. I think parenting should be fun and you both seem to be having a lot of fun.
May the Lord continue to shine His love on you all.
Hugs,
Sue