Friday, February 25, 2011

Frosty the Snowman

We had a fun snow day today!  One thing about here is that we get four beautiful seasons but none of them are severe.  We usually get a couple of snows a year but they only last a day or two.  This one was especially pretty.  The snow was light and fluffy but did not stick on the roads.  So we had the best of both worlds, fun snow with very little driving problems.  There is nothing like a child to bring out the magic of snow.  Mary ate her breakfast quickly and we dressed he up warm and went out to play.  I made her a snow man.  The snow was so dry and powdery that it didn't stick together very well.  So, I made her a small one and Rich put the face on it.  After I finished it, it reminded me of a snow man that my dad made my brother and I many years ago, just a few miles from here at our childhood home.  I found the picture and posted it at the end.


Here is the link to the slide show: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=d77fb0065315bf1dc9c4ff&skin_id=1602&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url


4 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your snowman! Great memories for Mary!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Cute snowman, both of them!

Becky K. said...

Both the new and the old snowmen are too cute!

We had so much snow this year that some of us just got tired of it. But I had to chuckle one day when we came home and Mikey, home for the weekend, had taken our perfectly smooth and white front yard and made huge snowballs all through it.

He's still a little kid at heart!

Sue said...

Good morning Elena, am so glad Mary got her snow and her snowman. What a joy and pleasure it is for me to visit your home, I feel so much love. A great way for me to start my day off.
Enjoy the snow,and continue making those wonderful memories. Enjoyed the photo too
Hugs,
Sue