Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hungarian Pork Chops


Well my wonderful husband has knocked my socks off again with a really yummy recipe that I want to share with you.  This is now our most favorite way to have pork chops.  Rich found this recipe in an old cookbook of ours.  It was called sour cream pork chops but it reminded him of a pork chop recipe that he loved to have at a restruant that he would frequented when he was in the Army in Georgia many years ago.  They were called Hungarian Pork Chops.  He used the sour cream pork chop recipe as a base and then changed it to his taste and retitled it Hungarian Pork Chops.  So without further ado, here is the recipe.

Hungarian Pork Chops

6- Pork Loin chops 1/2" thick or 2 large Pork Shoulder chops cut in 6 pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tblsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tblsp sugar
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
 4 tblsp shortening or lard

Mix milk and egg in shallow pan and dredge meat through mixture and then coat with flour and bread crumb mixture and set pieces on wax paper.  Let rest 10 minutes.  Brown meat lightly in frying pan with hot shortening and arrange pieces in baking dish.  It is O.K. to slightly over lap pieces.  Combine chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, sugar, seasoned salt and sour cream.  Mix until smooth and pour mixture over meat and bake covered in a 350 degree oven for an hour.  Use sauce in dish to pour over mashed potatoes. 

7 comments:

Kathi said...

Thank you Elena. I will have to try this some time. Kathi

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Bibi said...

OMG this sounds awesome. I think I might give it a try myself. Rich and I love pork chops for dinner too. Thanks for sharing. Elena, like me, we both have awesome husbands named Rich, lol!

Miller Racing Family said...

Now this looks great. We aren't really pork chop people. But we love sour cream, so I might have to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous day!
Blessings!

Lois Christensen said...

I love the combination of the balasamic and the sour cream! Thanks for joining Foodie Friends Friday! Please come next week with another great recipe!

Ericka Breedlove said...

This looks like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

From Calculus to Cupcakes said...

I know my husband would love these! Sounds great! Thanks for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday!