Thursday, January 26, 2012

Potato Soup

Yesterday was a chilly winter's day that was perfect for soup.  I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Carol's Heirloom Collection.  She had a potato soup recipe posted that sounded so great.  The only thing is that I didn't have all the ingredients, so I had to do some substituting.  It turned out really good and you can tell by the second picture that it made my family really happy!


Here is my recipe. You can go to Carol's blog and get her recipe. It sounded so great and she said it came out really good too.

Potato Soup

5 large potatoes that are washed but not peeled.
5 3/4 cups turkey stock
1 medium red onion
2 tsp of minced garlic
2 cups sour cream
1 Tbls Mrs. Dash
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Johnny's Garlic Spread and seasoning

Dice the potatoes and onion is 1/2 inch cubes.  Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours.  Use a hand held blender and blend the soup into a creamy consistency.  Serve with a cheese garnish.



 

4 comments:

Carol said...

Your soup looks so delicious! I'll use your recipe the next time I make potato soup. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog in your post!

Smiles,
Carol

Miller Racing Family said...

I love potato soup. The turkey stock sounds like a neat ingredient. I will have to add this to the recipe book. Have a great day.

Lois Christensen said...

yum! Love potato soup! Enjoy your weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

This sounds really good, and It's one of my favorite soups...thanks for sharing.