We have an amazing grapevine that is just outside our kitchen patio door. I bought it for my hubby when we lived in California. It never had fruit on it while we lived there... and then we moved to Oregon. In it's 2nd season here, it had fruit, big beautiful bunches of rosy colored seedless grapes. I made juice with them and then made jelly from there. What a joy to see this vine flourish. It grows so fast!! Every morning it looks like is grows an inch. It comes from a small bundle of twigs and within a month it has this glorious thick foliage going everywhere! It makes my husband so happy! He doesn't have a lot of time to grow things because his job is so demanding. I love to garden and have time since I am home with Mary to take care of this vine and it brings him so much joy to see it grow. I think of the words that Jesus said that He is the Vine and we are the branches. The Lord is so good and I pray that our lives are like this vine, fruitful and flourishing. Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Fruitful Vine
We have an amazing grapevine that is just outside our kitchen patio door. I bought it for my hubby when we lived in California. It never had fruit on it while we lived there... and then we moved to Oregon. In it's 2nd season here, it had fruit, big beautiful bunches of rosy colored seedless grapes. I made juice with them and then made jelly from there. What a joy to see this vine flourish. It grows so fast!! Every morning it looks like is grows an inch. It comes from a small bundle of twigs and within a month it has this glorious thick foliage going everywhere! It makes my husband so happy! He doesn't have a lot of time to grow things because his job is so demanding. I love to garden and have time since I am home with Mary to take care of this vine and it brings him so much joy to see it grow. I think of the words that Jesus said that He is the Vine and we are the branches. The Lord is so good and I pray that our lives are like this vine, fruitful and flourishing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment