Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This is a poem from our collection of poetry that my husband and I have written. Happy Mother's Day!

Mother

The world is She, the blinding light of life resides within her warmth.
This gleaming love surrounding me that smiles and knits her heart to mine.
For through the water we have shared a deep abiding love that binds,
And soul to soul it pours within, creating heart and limb and mind.
This magic bond, this thread of love that weaves itself within my frame
Moves back and forth with peaceful waves of life for me on velvet main,
And though my life, it somehow hangs upon the balance of her fears.
The thread I hold within my hand will not erode away with years,
For when the sound of life breaks forth from me with voice so small and fine,
Then pulls the thread tied to the heart and brings her shining face to mine.
Two loving hands I’ve never felt, will hold me close and cup my head,
And ever shall she stir in me the warmth of water and the thread.
Richard Cardwell, December, 2000

No comments: