Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fun in the Sun

This weekend my hubby took down my greenhouse for the summer. This was our first year for it and it kept our avocado trees very healthy and safe from the cold weather. My husband has started 2 avocado trees from pits. One is about 4 foot tall that he started the month after we were married and the 2nd one he started a month after Mary was born. One is our married tree and the other is our Mary tree! We are hoping some day they will bear fruit. Before he took the greenhouse down, he took Mary and I to this huge outdoor ceramic pot outlet. I picked out 2 pots. They are the 2 I have in the pictures above. The blue one has a rose bush in it that Rich gave me when we were dating. It was a tiny little thing that you see in the grocery store. The flowers have stayed tiny but the bush gets pretty big. The other pot I put Mary's tree in. It was a beautiful day and I worked in my garden. I got the soil ready for planting cosmos and zinnia seeds. I got to experience one of my favorite things... the smell of wet earth=)

No comments: