This is a picture of the farm lands near our house. I go by this often as Mary and I love this drive. It is just so pretty and Mary usually falls asleep and I can take her home and put her in bed for her afternoon nap. Seeing the hay bails the other day reminded me of a dream I had when I was a teenager. I dreamed I was in a freshly mown hay field, sitting on a hay bale. I saw a flat bed truck approaching with people sitting on the back. When they stopped they asked me if I wanted a ride. I asked them where they were going they said they were going to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb. I said, "Sure" In a little while I could see huge pavilions set up with the white tent tops reaching to the sky. When we arrived I jumped off the truck and ran up to the tents. I asked someone, "Have you seen my grandma, Clara Davis?" They said, "Oh yeah she just got here and she is right over there." My dream ended. I have never met my grandma, because she died in 1948, 12 years before I was born. It made me think that when we are with the Lord that time will be no more and we will be reunited with all our loved ones! Also, that the harvest is going on and people are needing salvation. We need to be diligent to share our faith. When the Lord returns the fields will be harvested and we who believe in Him will be with Him.
He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 10:2
No comments:
Post a Comment