Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Red Rose Day

Today I bought Rich a long stem red rose and have put it by his dinner plate, so he will see it when he comes home from work. Every year on this day I buy him a rose and give him a card thanking him for the day he called me and asked me out. Seven years ago a mutual friend told him that I was interested in him and he called me the next day! We talked for 3 hours and at the end of our conversation he invited me to come to Sunday dinner and meet his folks. I was so excited, I called my friend, Selina and my sister, Denise, after his phone call. I told them that I just talked to the man I was going to marry! I knew he was the one. That Sunday, I went to meet his folks and I just fell in love with them too! The next day I left for a 2 week missions trip to Russia. I had a great time, but all I could think about was getting back home and being with Rich. What a wonderful time in my life. I had met someone that felt the same way I did and we had a great year of dating and a 5 month engagement! I am so thankful to the Lord for him. So much joy has come into my life because of him!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful story! Isn't it awesome to look back and see how God works in our lives?

I've also been to Russia a couple of times on missions trips...it was so awesome I considered moving there for a time. What part did you go to?

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! Kristine

Grace Acres said...

I love your sweet love story and how you keep the magic alive.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story. You two are so blessed to have found each other.
Love,
Enda

Mamajil said...

I enjoyed your story!!! I always love to hear about God's faithfulness and how he loves us so much that he orchestrates the details of our hearts desires....

I got here via jackie@our moments our memories, I will be back!