Not last night, but the night before I took a walk down memory lane by pulling out a couple of scrapbooks and looking at them. They were of Rich and I's year of dating before we got engaged and then the other one was of our honeymoon. Here are a few of the pages:
Pictures taken shortly before we met.
The first wedding that we attended together.
A ceramic lamp that Rich made me when we were first dating.
Boarding our honeymoon cruise.
Rich at one of the ports of our cruise
The last night of our cruise.As I looked at the pictures, I thought how young I looked then, LOL. Let me tell you this was not that long ago Rich and I have only been married 5 1/2 years! I am now 48 and the old saying goes that once you are over the hill, you pick up speed. That is so true, especially after you have a baby. In most ways Mary makes us feel young, but at times my age comes through in my tiredness or the stiffness of my body! I was thinking about that scripture, Ecclesiastes 3:11 which says, He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. The part that struck me was where God has set eternity in our hearts. It seems that all of us do not want to grow old. I like the fact that I am more mature and centered now that I am older, but I am talking about the deterioration of my body. Everyone struggles with their bodies aging. Also we are always struggling with the clock, wishing we had more time to do things or spend with someone. In Eternity we will not grow old and we won't have to worry about time. Won't that be wonderful! We all have eternity in our hearts yet God is so much more greater and awesome than we can understand. I feel this "eternity" in our hearts is what leads us to God. We come to the realization that he is so much greater than we are and we need Him so desperately. Here is a poem I wrote on this scripture:
You are a man with eternity in your heart
called by God to do your part
You are a man broken in pieces
that can only be put together
by God's love that has no leases
You long for eternity
that you may never grow old
and you wish not to be bound by time
that can be such a constricting mold
You are a man with a heavy heart
in the sight of pain
as it falls on the just and the unjust
like the rain
You are beckoned by God to do your part
to reveal the hope of eternity in your heart
through the pain that falls like the rain
God bless you all and have a great day! Elena
6 comments:
Loved this a lot!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories – they are soooo great!!!
God has been sooooooooooooooooooooooo good to all of us. I know when I look back at the pictures of Dan and I 5 ½ years ago we looked a lot younger then too. It’s so funny that we got married at almost exactly the same week-end as you guys!
We went to all the Hawaiian islands on our honeymoon cruise. It was tooo fun!
We are really looking forward to our tip to Europe next year.
Kristine
Oh, I love trips down memory lane. Those are just beautiful, Elena. And the cruise ya'll took looks amazing!
Thank you for sharing Elena. This is beautiful.
Love,
Enda
What a lovely post. I loved seeing how you met and went on your honeymoon. I feel the way you do about the aging, especially after having a baby. I'm so thankful we get new bodies for eternity. Thank you for sharing. Kathi
By the way, you both look amazing for being 48!! Kathi
Elena~ I loved the scrapbook pages, I still haven't finished mine from my wedding and in November it will be 9 years!! I too didn't find my beloved, the one God had chosen for me until I was in my late 30's. We will be celebrating 9 years and it has been wonderful...
I would love to add your blog to my blog roll if you don't mind..
Blessings,Joann
Post a Comment