Friday, September 26, 2008

Share and Tell Friday

Show and Tell

Today I am going to participate in Show and Tell Friday that is hosted by Kelli at There is no Place Like Home. You can head on over there to see many other lovely things that are being shared. My treasure is a cookie jar that belonged to my grandmother, Clara Davis. It was given to her by her children in 1941 right before WWW II. My grandmother died 12 years before I was born but my mother made her very real to me by all the stories of her life. She was a wonderful woman of faith and you can read about a very special event in her life by going to the post entitled Lo, I am With You Even to the End of the World. The cookie jar is one of my early memories, I just remember being able to peer over the kitchen counter to see him. I am so happy that I am able to have him and my daughter Mary will be able to peer over our kitchen counter and see his jolly figure too. I plan on making some pumpkin cookies and fill his full little belly with them today:)



I just love his sweet little face!





He is made by Red Wing but that is all I know. I don't know where her children bought the cookie jar. All I know is that they were living in Southern California and most likely bought it there.


Well, I hope you enjoyed my Share and Tell. Have a wonderful weekend. Love, Elena








6 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Your cookie jar is lovely and it's got such a wonderful story to go with it. Take care.

Kelli said...

Welcome to show and tell Friday! Thank you for sharing your cute cookie jar with us. What a wonderful treasure!
~Kelli

Susan said...

He is quite the jolly, cute, fellow. How special that it belonged to your grandmother and how wonderful for you mother to have made her so real to you. Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh, he is just awesome! I love how vintage he looks. It is wonderful that it was your grandmother's and you have the memories of seeing it at her house. I typed in "Redwing cookie jar" on ebay and found several, so you might look there to read more details about it. I saw one going for $195.00! Which of course I know you don't want to sell yours, it is sometimes just fun to know what something is worth.

Have a great weekend!

:0) Sharon

Kathi said...

Elena, I'm so glad you participated. What a special treasure from you grandmother. I have met such wonderful Christian ladies through Kelli's show and tell. She has brought us all together. She's a blogging blessing. I don't always have the time or opportunity to visit each one who participates, but I manage to get through at least half the list each time I participate. Most ladies recipricate. It's fun.

Kathi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that special cookie jar with us - he's very cute!

Manuela