Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday

Today is Bloomin' Tuesday! For more fun posts go to Jean's blog here. I'm showing an African Violet that my hubby bought me for my birthday. I have not had an African Violet in a long time because of being busy with Mary and not having a really good place for one in the house. When I was a teen I had about 30 of them in my room. I had a special grow light with a timer and a table with several tiers to set them all up on. I had all colors and shapes. I have ordered a special plant light for this one I just received. It has on a timer and changes length of light with the seasons. This also was a birthday present also and I am very excited to get it.



13 comments:

Aiyana said...

I have an African Violet, and it has never bloomed. It's now two years old. I hope when it does, its the color of yours!
Aiyana

Carla said...

oooooo...aaaaahhhhhhh....ssooooo ppprrrreeeetttttttyyyyyyy!!
(can I send you my sick baby for some real TLC?) Special light? Interesting. Very pretty plant AND plant holder you have here:)

Anonymous said...

Your African violet is so pretty, Elena! I used to grow African violets on the sill of a bow window. I no longer live in that house and don't really have anywhere suitable to display them. I always admire African violets, though, when we are in a flower shop.

Becky K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

Beautiful violet! Many years ago I had 2 violets in my classroom window, they grew very well in that south window. When I moved to a different classroom they didn't do too well. Ever since we moved into this house (six years ago) I've thought about growing a violet in south window above the kitchen sink. You've inspired my to go buy one!

Smiles,
Carol

Deb said...

Hi! I don't think I've visited here for Bloomin' Tuesday before because I don't remember seeing your sidebar story. What a blessing that the Lord brought the two of you together!

I love your violet! Very nice!

Darla said...

very nice..

Jean said...

What a lovely color! I love the shot of Mary. Thanks for joining the fun! Jean

Sue said...

Beautiful Elena, loved the photo of Mmary looking at the plant. African Violets are one of my favorites too.
Thanks for sharing.

Linda C said...

Beautiful flower, beautiful little girl!:)

You definitely have a green thumb is you can grow African Violets! My mom has those too- several colors:)

Happy Tuesday!

Linda

Laurie and Chris said...

I have a few African violets. The leaves seem to turn a funny yellow color but when the bloom they bloom like crazy.Love thee color of yours.

~~Rhonda said...

What a beautiful color. So pretty! I have never been able to keep an African violet. Yours are lovely! ~~Rhonda

Paula said...

My grandmother grew these amazing flowers - what a gift to do them!
Thanks for sharing, Paula in Idaho