Monday, March 1, 2010

Double Delight

Saturday morning my husband was fixing breakfast. I heard him crack the eggs and say,"Wow!" each time. I asked him what was up and he said come here and see this! They were all double yokes. I just bought a dozen large eggs at the grocery store, nothing special. Rich was joking around and calling it our Chernobyl breakfast. lol They sure were delicious. I've never had that happen before. I have had one be a double but not four. A very happy chicken must of laid those eggs!


8 comments:

Becky K. said...

That seems very unusual. It looks good to me though!

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

I've never had store-purchased eggs with double yolks, only fresh from the farm. I haven't gotten many either. What a pleasant surprise for you!

Linda C said...

What a great way to start off your day!!:) Four- wow!! I like Rich's joke:)

Thanks for your prayers for our weekend trip. We had safe travels and wonderful time!:)

Lv,
Linda

Anonymous said...

wow...lol...

Kathi said...

That is so cute Elena. We have our own hens. Out of 15 chickens, one lays double yokes. Your breakfast looks yummy.

I am not blogging at present, but I am re-posting oldies. Thank you for stopping by and commenting the other day. Blessings, Kathi

FeeBeeKay said...

Dearest Elena, my husband tells me that double yolks are not unheard of here among free-range, happy hens, but that they are not that common. To have managed to get that many in one box is a sign indeed!!! Fiona x

momma said...

i don't think i have EVER seen a double yolk egg. that is pretty neat :)

Leah said...

Wow - cool picture.

I bet they were yummy! :)