Monday, March 29, 2010

Joy by Surprise

On Sunday morning, Rich and I were singing the first song in worship service and really sweet lady in our church walked up and handed us a large bag of clothing for Mary. Later when we looked inside the bag it was 7 beautiful dresses. They were all second hand but in mint condition! Mary had so much fun (along with Mommy!) trying them all on and showing Daddy how they looked. She loved them all but her favorite was the one she is wearing in the photos. She danced around in it saying she was in her party dress. She is such a girly girl. Grandma had gotten her some tinted chap stick on Sunday and she must of put on 30 layers of it on her lips, asking how she looked each time. When we told her she looked beautiful she took a little bow. LOL We are so thankful for the lovely people in our church. They have been so kind and friendly to us. What a blessing they are!!




This is her next favorite one.

Have a blessed Monday dear friends!!

9 comments:

Kathi said...

Elena, What a wonderful blessing. Mary is beautiful in the dress. You'll have so much fun seeing her in all of them. Someone did that for me once, and I in turn got to pass on the blessing to someone else! Have a great week. Kathi

Carol said...

How delightful! Mary looks like a life sized doll in her party dress!

Smiles,
Carol

Becky K. said...

That is so wonderful. I loved it when the kids were small enough to get "hand me downs". Chelsea is the last. Sometimes her friend Emma shares, but I think Chelsea has gotten as tall over the past months as Emma so I don't know that there can be anymore sharing.

The dresses that were given to Mary appear to be very lovely indeed. Her happy face says it all.

Becky K.

BECKY said...

How fun! I remember when I'd get second hand clothes for my girls! They were from a Dr. friend and were always more expensive than I could ever afford. Too much fun!

I love hearing how people bless you, Elena, because you are such a sweet blessing to me!! Praying God's best for you all!

Have a joyful week!!
Love you,
Becky

BECKY said...

Oh! And tell Mary she certainly looks like a princess!!
Big hugs,
Becky

JD/ Jill said...

How lovely...the dress and your beautiful daughter wearing it...brings back some wonderful memories for me too...TFS

Anonymous said...

This post reminded me how much I used to enjoy going to yard sales and looking at the children's clothing. I could always find a cute outfit, gently used, for my niece when she was little. Mary looks adorable in that dress.

Anonymous said...

I like her dresses too.

Linda C said...

These dresses are beautiful and Mary looks so pretty!:) She looks mighty happy!!

I love surprises like this- and what a blessing they are!! I used to get our kids' clothes at a consignment store here in our town. Nice clothes for a fraction of the price. Loved it!!:)

Hope it's nice and warm where you live, Elena! In the 70's here today and tomorrow!! yippee!:)

Hugs,
Linda