Yesterday I brought my freesia plant out of our greenhouse and put it on our table. I just love the sweet, rich fragrance it gives. Freesia comes from South Africa. They are a bulb that requires a warm climate. So, they do well in our greenhouse for the winter and I put it outside in the spring when the frost danger is over. This its 3rd season and is doing well. I used freesia flowers a lot when I worked as a florist in spring bouquets and just loved them. I was so pleased to grow a plant of my own!
7 comments:
You get Spring earlier this way.
Beautiful!
Becky K.
Your freesia plant is beautiful. I'm sure it brightens up the room in which you placed it.
awww.. thanks for the touch of Spring! Our snow is slooowwly melting up here, but I'm afraid flowers are far from now for us.
Have a great weekend!! and enjoy your beautiful flowers!!
lv,
Linda
that is such a bright pretty yellow!
Spring--that's what I'm thinkin'! What a lovely photo☺
♥Heidi
Oh Elena! They are so lovely! I HAVE GOT to get some flowers around here!! My yard is dead, my palm tree top is dead, and these lovely plume thingies I have are dead!! We are SO not used to having our plants die in the winter!! Must. Have. Color.
Love you! Have a joyful Sunday!!
Becky
Hi Elena,
Just love freesia, so glad yours is doing well. Thanks for sharing, I am so glad that it won't be long before all of our plants will be blooming.. Yea!
Thanks for sharing.
And thank you so much for your sweet kind words, I am so blessed to have your friendship.hope your week is filled with many more blessings.
Blessings, and hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment