Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh What a Honey!

I just love my hubby! He sent me a dozen red roses this last week as a "just because".

On Saturday he did a bunch of "Honey Do" things. He replaced some bad boards in our fence.

Put up a new back porch light.

He made up a wonderful marinade recipe and bar-b-qued some pork shoulder chops on our grill. He also cleaned up our grill, got new lava rocks and grates and had more propane put in the tank. He took down our green house for the summer last weekend and it is so nice to have our patio and bar-b-que all set up for the summer!

He also was on call this weekend and while he was out on a job, I took Mary to a local drug store and we found some beautiful paper lanterns with battery powered bulbs to light them. I hung them in her room and she was so delighted. I love paper lanterns there is just something so magical about them.

Here is a shot of them lit in her room at night. I also put some up in our yard cabana.

We had a wonderful weekend together! We have so much fun doing simple things together and being so in love and enjoying our baby girl!

11 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful roses! Your Hubby is a keeper!!!!! ;-)

Smiles,
Carol

Becky K. said...

What a very sweet post.

God has surely blessed you with a wonderful family.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

What a hubby! May God bless him.

BECKY said...

Hi Elena! What a wonderful hubby you have there!!
Mine has been working on a couple of honey do's too! What a blessing!

Love Mary's new little lanterns! They look so cute.

Also loved your Mom's garden slide show. How precious. You are carrying on her love of flowers and Mary will get it too! How precious!

Thank you for your prayers! I'll do a post when I get back from the Dr. today!
Love ya,
Becky

BECKY said...

Hi Elena! What a wonderful hubby you have there!!
Mine has been working on a couple of honey do's too! What a blessing!

Love Mary's new little lanterns! They look so cute.

Also loved your Mom's garden slide show. How precious. You are carrying on her love of flowers and Mary will get it too! How precious!

Thank you for your prayers! I'll do a post when I get back from the Dr. today!
Love ya,
Becky

Anonymous said...

The roses are beautiful. Kudos to your husband! The paper lanterns are pretty, especially at night.

Linda C said...

Great post, Elena! I know I always feel so blessed and loved when my hubby does things for me around the house-- makes me feel very "cared for" I guess:)

Those lanterns are so cute in Mary's room and I bet they look so festive on your patio!!

Enjoy all your blessings!!

Linda

Rose of Sharon said...

What a wonderful hubby you have! I love those lanterns! Thanks for stopping by my new blog!

:o) Sharon

Leah said...

Love your post! You have a wonderful family! :)

Sue said...

Hi Elena,
Such a beautiful sweet post, I am always so blessed to see people who have found the true meaning of life and live it as our heavenly Father wanted us to. You will never know how much of a blessing your family is to me as well as others.I feel so much peace here.

God gave us both wonderful husbands And I am so thankful for mine as well.
May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.

The lanterns are adorable, and I know Mary is enjoying them.
Blessings dear Friend.
Sue

Lois Christensen said...

Love the roses! What a thoughtful hubby you have! And the paper lanterns are really adorable!