Friday, August 6, 2010

Special Delivery

When we got back from the river on Saturday, there was a large package on our door step. We brought it into the garage and made the salsa and pie before we opened it. It was a bike for Mary! Mary was so excited because she had been wanting a bike for a while now. She was riding her little tricycle but her knees were hitting the handle bars. Money has been a little tight because of us starting up our lamp business. We have had enough to cover our expenses but not any for extras. So I was looking at garage sales hoping to find her a nice used bike with training wheels. I had not mentioned this to any of my friends and I got an e-mail from a very dear friend and she said she wanted to order a bike for Mary and send it to us but wanted to check with us first if that was OK. I was so excited! It is not only a bike but it has a pony head and tail and Mary loves horses. So Rich pulled it out of the box and put on the handle bars, peddles and training wheels. Mary was so surprised. I didn't tell her anything about it until we got it out of the box. She loves it so much. She sat on it all evening and watched TV and she would of taken it to bed with her if she could. I have posted some pictures and a video.






Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=b8684b38a70f2a1746b63c&skin_id=1603&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

5 comments:

Becky K. said...

What a blessing to all of you! It is adorable and her smile is priceless!!!

Becky K.

Linda C said...

I love watching this, Elena!:) It's so fun seeing Mary's excitement-"for me?!" So sweet.

Look out world, here she comes!:)

What a wonderful friend to send it! Isn't it great to see how God works through people to even give us our heart's desire?! He is so good.

Have a great weekend dear friend.

Hugs,
Linda

ps- we are back from the lake up north with the kiddos- had an amazing time with Sam and Eli!:)

BECKY said...

How precious, Elena! I have never seen one like that before! And what a great friend to do that for Mary!

Oh the joys of God's provisions!!
So delighted that He chose to bless you all this way!
Have a joyful weekend!
Love ya,
Becky

JD/ Jill said...

That bike is the cutest thing! Your video is precious...You can't help but get excited right along with Mary...I'm OLD...but it still brought back memories for me of my first bike. I got it for Christmas (in otherwords, December with snow on the ground...smile...wasn't allowed to ride it outside...so I had to try it in the house, and ran into everything...I enjoyed that don't know if my parents did...smile

Tirzah said...

That's wonderful! What a blessing! What a lovely friend! I enjoyed reading this and hearing how you've been blessed!