First off I want to thank you all for the prayers and well wishes for my husband. After 5 days of feeling really bad, he is much better and almost free of pain. We are so thankful to the Lord for that!
We have had the privilege of supporting a young boy in Bolivia for 9 years. He is in the 8th grade now and is doing very well. We help him get an education through World Vision. Part of the money we send also helps the community with things to help better their lives and brings them the Good News! Here is a recent picture of him and a letter he sent. We get 2 or 3 a year from him. We send him letters to. It takes a long time to get to him as he lives in a small town up in the Andes Mountains. It has been such a joy to see him grow and know that he is getting a good education and that he knows the Lord. If you would like to sponsor a child you can go the the World Vision website and sign up.
This letter has been translated into English at the World Vision office. Marcos can only write in Spanish.
Dear Sponsor,
I thank you a lot for the letter and photo of your daughter. I thank you for the coloring sheet and stickers of Spider-man.
I am the 5th child in my family. I'm between my brothers, Alvaro and Gustavo. I have 3 younger siblings and 4 older siblings. I want to tell you that I have my older sister and she already had her baby called Luis Zandro and his sister, Melisa, who is was born and she's 3 months old.
I went to parade on August 6th because it'll be the Independence Day of Bolivia and all my classmates parade all together in the square.
I really like soccer but I'm also a good swimmer, my friends and I play a game called "look and seek".
I thank you for everything dear sponsor. Well, that's all I can tell you, I finish this letter now.
Sincerely, Marcos
5 comments:
The photograph of Marcos appears to have been taken at Christmastime. There's a Christmas tree in the background. I wonder what he is holding is his hands?
I'm glad that Rich is feeling better!
Thank you for sharing this post, and I'm glad to hear that you husband is feeling much better...will pray for him that he continues to do so...
Hi Elena,
I am so sorry Rich hasn't been well, but am thankful he is doing better, I will add him to my prayer list. I hear that WV is a great organization. Thank you for sharing.
I read your last post, on Mary doing here crafts, she is really growing up, and what a great job of teaching her you are doing. Please tell her that I said she did a beautiful job.It is always such a joy to see her.
Hugs,
Sue
So sweet. We sponsor a girl from Mexico through Compassion International and we can also send her small paper gifts and letters. We love getting her translated letters. She has been a blessing to us over the years. She is 12 now! She was only little when we started sponsoring her. I would recommend sponsoring a child to all of your readers!
That's precious, Elena. What a wonderful way to invest in a young man's life.
Sorry to hear Rich has been feeling badly. Just now saying a prayer for him to feel 100% soon.
Love to you Elena. I so appreciate your friendship, and your sweet heart.
HUGS and joy to you,
Becky
Post a Comment