Friday, July 1, 2016

Exploring

We have been having so much fun this year, exploring different lakes and rivers around here.  Last week we went up to Applegate Lake.  It was soooo beautiful up there.  We checked out the campgounds but were not impressed.  We did have a lovely pic-nic in the day use area.  We are going to be doing a big camping trip and want to find the best place for camp sites and fishing spots.  I have not been up to this lake in years and Rich never has been.  So it was a real treat to see it. 




Next we stopped at McKee Bridge.  I had not been there since I was a kid.  Going there brought back a lot of sweet childhood memories of pic-nics and swimming in the Applegate River.  I remember as a small child before I knew how to swim, I would hang onto my dad as he swam in the deeper parts of the river.  So much fun!
 
 
The old bridge has been restored.
 

 
Mary really liked it there.
 

No comments: