Saturday, July 23, 2016

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

One of our favorite things to do is to go out to 7 Oaks Farm in the summer time when their sweet corn is ripe.  We love the fresh produce, locally grown.  The farm is only 10 minutes drive, if that, from our house.  Mary is growing so quickly, she is not 5 foot yet, but almost there.


 
 
Not only do they have wonderful produce
they have a beautiful flower garden. 
Here is a passion flower.
 
 
Zinnias and a pine cone!
 
 
I loved this with peach glads and purple morning glories.
 
 
Lots of cone flowers
 
 
Mary really liked the little windmill
 
 We also have some wonderful black berries growing over our fence in our back yard.  I had picked a big bowl the day before.
 
 and the farm had local peaches for sale
 
So I made a blackberry peach pie and it was delicious.  I learned a new trick that if you make an egg white and water wash and brush it on the pie crust before you put the filling in, it will keep the crust nice and flakey and not soggy and it worked.  I just bought some store dough and just used a black berry, peach pie recipe from the internet for the filling.  Pretty easy and yummy!

No comments: