Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fireworks and Fruit Pizza

We had a fun 4th.  Mary made Mac a patriotic hat as you can tell he is thrilled to wear it. lol!  I made a fruit pizza to serve for dessert at our get together.  I thought I would include the recipe.  I think it will be a keeper at our house.
 
Pizza Crust
1 pkg of Rapid Rise Yeast
4 cups of flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 Tbls of sugar
1 tsp of salt
1/4 cup shredded parmesean cheese
3 Tbls of olive oil
1 cup of warm water
1 cup of sourdough starter

Mix in the dough cycle of your bread maker and put in a bowl, cover with foil and set in the fridge over night.  Roll out the dough the next day, place on your pizza pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Lightly butter the top when it is warm out of the over and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  This makes 2 small pizzas or one large pizza.

Cream Cheese Spread
2 pkg softened cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat ingredients until fluffy and spread on cooled pizza crust.  Use your favorite fresh fruit to put on top.  Then sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.



After our chili dogs and fruit pizza for dessert, we played a game of Yahtzee and finally it was dark enough to light our fireworks.  We had a blessed day!




No comments: