
In January we took Mary to see this movie in the theater. We have the first two movies and enjoy them very much. A lot of really cute humor. A good family movie for us as we enjoy them as much as Mary does. The DVD came out just recently so we got it for Mary. She got fascinated with Chinese dumplings that the Panda loves and then in the extra features they had instructions on how to make a paper panda. They had a pattern you could print and Mary wanted us all to make one. So we did as we watched the instruction video. Here is the finished product. She had so much fun!
Next she wanted to try making some Chinese Dumplings. So we went to the store and bought Won Ton wrappers and followed the recipe on the back and made a soup with them they were delicious. We boiled them in chicken broth. We also tried the peach dessert filling. They were great with ice cream.
Here is the recipe that we used:

She also found an Origami book in the school room I had bought a while back but she was too young to do it. Now she is the perfect age. She read the instructions on her own and made the penguin, cat and dog. Today I seen a video on You Tube on how to make flower bowls out of napkins and you can fill with candy and other goodies for a party. She loved watching that one and I helped her make the blue one. She reminds me so much of me when I was a kid. I had a little friend in grade school and her mom was Japanese. She taught me how to make a paper crane. The bug bit and I made a lot of different things and had so much fun!
Here is the You Tube Link to the video and instructions on how to make the flower bowl. https://youtu.be/2yta73liD7k
No comments:
Post a Comment