Well this year, on July 20th Mary was 9 years old. So after dark we went outside and looked up at the moon. She loves going outside and looking up at the night sky. That is one of the reasons I am so looking forward to camping this year as up in the woods away from all the city lights, the night sky is so brilliant and we have so much fun looking at the stars! Anyway I told Mary the story of my memory at 9 and how the United States was the first nation to put man on the moon. She enjoyed that piece of history and mostly loved running around in the back yard in her night gown, enjoy the warm summer night and gazing at all the beautiful creation that is spread out like a canvas on the sky and thinking of the One who created it all.
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
Psalm 8:3


No comments:
Post a Comment